Here are some questions to consider in finding an agent to help you find your home or investment:
- Are you comfortable with the agent? Do you feel you can have open communication with them? Can you see a trust relationship forming?
- Are they familiar with the area you’re interested in?
- Do they have a clear knowledge and understanding of mortgage programs and the loan process? (This is more important now than ever!)
- Will they commit the time required to find properties for you, and show them to you?
- Do they take time to understand clearly your needs regarding timing, finances, and specific property attributes?
- What’s their plan for follow up through contract to closing? How well we they support and inform you?
- Do they plan to attend the closing and help you with any questions about the final paperwork?
- Will they follow up after closing to make sure any lingering concerns are resolved?
Also check out my “Tips for Buyers” for helpful information to get you started!