- Talk to 2-3 agents (or as many as it takes) to find one you feel you can have a good, open communication with, and with whom you feel a solid trust relationship forming.
- Ask the agents how they came to the market value they’re suggesting for your property.
- Ask about the agent’s experience in real estate, and in your preferred location in particular.
What are the agents’ plans to market your property? Look for frequent changes to the listing to keep it fresh, as well as updates to brochures and web listings. How will your property be marketed on the web? This is where buyers will be looking.
- How will they sell your listing to other agents, who in turn will sell it to their buyers?
- Can the agent advise you on staging and proper presentation of the home for the market?
- Does the agent exhibit attention to detail? A positive attitude? Enthusiasm and energetic commitment?
- How do they plan to follow up after there’s a contract? Look for regular updates and a clear understanding of the process.
- Do they plan to attend the closing and help you with any questions about the final paperwork?